Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm back!!!

Well, I know it's been forever since I sat down and journaled, but my life has gone a complete 360 degree change.  Not only have I been exercising regularly, but I have also made a huge lifestyle change.  I have decided to go Vegan! Now I know what you're thinking..."are you crazy!!!" but I did not just come by this decision easily, I put a lot of thought into it.  Also this decision was not motivated by weight lose, although that is a great benefit.  No I made the decision after watching the movie Food Inc., which I highly recommend to everyone.  It was then that I realized that ignorance is not bliss, it's just plain ignorant!  I have for so long gone with the theory that if I didn't know about it than it wouldn't hurt me.  But that movie opened my eyes to not only how the food industry has become nothing but a bunch of bullies, but to how easy it is for people to forget their compassion for animals.  It made me sad to think that we as human beings feel so superior to animals, including cows, pigs, chickens and cats and dogs.  The humane society is so over-crowded because people think it's just ok to drop off pets that either they tire of or they get sick and they don't want pay for medical bills.  Then to watch how cows, pigs and chickens are treated like an object not a living breathing beings.  Plus the drugs that are pumped into these animals to make bigger pieces of meat, remember we will in a society that everyone thinks bigger is better.  I just could no longer in good  conscience continue to support the people that run these slaughter houses.  I received a booklet from PETA that was about eating vegetarian and the stories in there made me cry.  I literally mean I cried through the entire booklet.  So here I am, embarking on a journey that I really know nothing about.  I read the book, The Kind Diet and loved it.  I encourage everyone to be informed about the food we eat.  It will change your life. 
Well wish me luck and I will keep everyone up on my progress. 

No comments: