Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF

Well it's Friday and I am sooo glad.  While most people love Friday because they have two days off from work, I'm excited because I get two days off working out.  I wish I could be one of those people who love working out,  but I have to be honest, at this time in my life...I really hate working out!  Yes, I'm glad that I did it after I'm done, but some days getting there is tough.  I know that I personally need some variety in my workouts, and I do my water aerobics class on Tuesday, which I do love.  But for the last couple weeks I was suppose to start a Yoga class on Thursday, but each week I've gone up to see Jessica.  Now I'm not complaining because getting to see my daughter is my favorite thing to do, but I really do need to start going next week. 
Speaking of Jessica, I did have a wonderful time with her.  She shared an amazing experience with me and to watch and listen to her talk about it is a thrill in it's self.  She is so excited about life and her future, which is how it should be.  Yet as both of my kids approach the age of independence I can't help but feel a little lost.  My roll for the last 22 years has been as their mom and even though I will always be their mom, my duties are changing.  I've slowly gone from caretaker to just being there when they need me.  I guess I'm kinda like their FOLLOWER, don't worry I won't get started on that again.  Yet that is what I do, I follow their facebook pages, twitters, blogs just waiting for a time when they need me.  I don't idolize them, but I am very grateful to God for giving me loanership of them.  He has worked miracles in each of their lives.  I don't want to get too mushy, I'm  just trying to figure out the next chapter of my life.  Part of that journey has been my weight.  If I can get to a healthy weight and get my husband to a healthy weight, then God willing we'll have a lot more chapters in our future.  Dave has always said that when we retire we can buy an RV so that we can travel around, of course when he says we he means me and my mother.  Which I would love to do some trips with my family, I'll just have to knock him out and  pack him in a suitcase to get him there.  Don't take it personal family, he would just rather stay home and golf. 
Well I've kind of rambled today and talked about several things, but sometimes that is just what life is like, a kaleidoscope of colors.   Sometimes one color is more dominant than others or sometimes they just all run into each other.  Either way it's all beautiful and  I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Love ya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Daughter,
I am enjoying you blog especially your goals to continue to get healthy. My prayers are answered.

Yes, in deed, we have all been blessed with great grandchildren.

Love ya

J. said...

Mom, I love reading your blog! :) I am so proud of you and your dedication to going to the gym. I wish I had that motivation. Hopefully being home this summer will help. :) Can't wait! Love you!

Unknown said...

Sister - Have I ever told you that you rock? How amazing it is to see you doing all of the things you are doing! I am proud of ou, and truly believe you have a great gift for writing! You have 2 amazing children, and have so many blessings. Now it is time for you to take care of you. I am struggling with my Nick going to high school, but I also am excited for new experiences for him!! My baby is just beginning, but I know as with Nick that will go by quickly as well. I cherish them, and I cherish you. Girl time is awaiting us in June! I am starting a a new plan to change the way I eat and see food. I am hoping to lose atleast 10 pounds before the walk! Can't wait to see you. Looking at my calendar, and seeing if the kids and I can drive there this Summer. WE will see what Nick's schedule is like for baseball, and basketball!!

Love Sister