Thursday, April 22, 2010

To FOLLOW or not to FOLLOW

I've been thinking about the word "Followers", as in my blog has few FOLLOWERS.  The dictionary's definition is: 1. a person or thing that FOLLOWS.  2.  a person who FOLLOWS another in regard to his or her ideas or belief; disciple or adherent.  3.  a person who imitates, copies, or takes as a model or ideal.  4.  an attendant, servant, or retainer.

Of the four definitions listed, I think that the first one serves my idea of what FOLLOWING  a blog means.  I suppose that the others are relevant to some people, for instance FOLLOWERS of a religion or even a political party, (Don't worry I won't be discussing politics on my blog.)  that seems to fit nicely in with number two. 

Number three kind of reminds me of how our society FOLLOWS movie stars or professional athletes.  We watch what they do, what they wear, how they wear their hair, shoes, jewelery  etc... In fact we FOLLOW them to the point of idolizing them.  We must, we pay them ridiculous amounts of money just to entertain us. 

Now number four is pretty self explanatory; this is more like a job.  These attendants, servants, maids or whatever,  are paid to FOLLOW their employers and by FOLLOW I mean drive around, wait on, clean up after, etc. Example of their employers for instance can be  the movie stars and professional athletes that we pay ridiculous amounts of money to.  Hey here's a thought, maybe if we didn't pay  all that money to people that once we put them on that expensive pedestal, they treat us like second class citizens, we could have a little of that money for ourselves, maybe we could  even afford a FOLLOWER. 

Now I don't want you to think that I'm getting on my soap box, notice it's not the same as a pedestal, because  I'm not.  I am just trying to make a point...gee I kind of forgot my point.

Oh yea... now I remember, and  please know that this comes from the heart and that  I am not upset or disappointed in anyone. But do you think I could get some FOLLOWERS?!  Of course I mean definition number one of FOLLOWERS, not number three of  FOLLOWERS. Unless you want to idolize me,  But whatever...no pressure  I would just appreciate any FOLLOWERS that I get. 

After all that...remember you'll just have to FOLLOW your  heart.

Love ya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Test.

Anonymous said...

I'm following you.

:)

dreamer said...

I'm so glad.