Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shinning Star.

Today was rather interesting, of course along with interesting comes humiliation.  I guess I'll start at the beginning:
I woke up excited about the day, it was my  Water Aerobics Class today. I have been going about six weeks and have thoroughly  enjoyed it.  Although,  when I first checked into the class I was a little  apprehensive, you see I'm 48 years old... and the youngest in my class.  Now don't get me wrong, I love elderly people, in fact one day I plan on being one, but I wanted to make sure that to get  a good workout.  Which has honestly been the case, you can work hard or as little as you want.  When I first started I felt a little out of place,  even a little awkward.  I didn't know the movements that  our instructor would call  out and I even  had to be shown a move that I was doing wrong.  But after a couple classes I not only got the hang of it, but I became the star pupil.  Also the other people in the class, men and women, warmed up to the idea of having a youngster in the class.  I love the thought of someone thinking of me as a youngster!!   Now with that information you can see why I was excited, it was  my time to shine!  Well I was running a little late and of course we all know that whenever you run  late, anything that can happen, will happen, and that was the case with me today.  But I do finally make it and they had already started when I jumped in, but I easily caught up and everything settled down.  Now remember I told you that you can work as hard  as you want or as little, and when I go I try to work  hard.  So there I am working hard and just being a shinning example when the instructor said "Anyone who wants to get a good workout, follow Luana, she always works hard!"
Shine, shine, shine...even though I was a little embarrassed...shine, shine, shine.  The class is about 50 minutes so with about 10 minutes left we each picked a spot and kept  crossing back and forth the width of the pool.  Now if you have too many people in the class it can get tricky not running into each other.  Everything was going fine until  she had us flip on our backs and  paddle backwards.  Next thing I know as I turn my head to look back  two people are just about to have a head on collision with me!  So I figure I'll flip over and go underwater between them, thinking it would be easier for me to try and maneuver.  But as I go under and wiggle between Mary and John, guess what I hit with my hand!!!! Naturally John thought that was great and announced it to the whole class and EVERYONE laughed, except me.  I was so  embarrassed I just wanted to sink like the Titanic.  What made it even worse was  John wanted to keep swimming by me the rest of the class.  I guess that had probably been the most action he'd gotten in a long time. 
Will I return...of course.  Even though I have almost flashed a man and groped another, I  love my class.  I think having a younger person in there has brought some excitement to the class, even if it is the wrong kind of excitement. 

Love ya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, lol, lol!!!! Did John need a few minutes before he could get out of the pool?