Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ADDICTION!!

I want to take a quick moment and talk about addiction.  I think that I have always had an addiction and probably always will, that is just my personality.  I also believe that most people have that same trait, it's just stronger in some people.  When I was younger there were all sorts of addictions, don't worry I won't go into them , but as of later years most of my focus has been on food.  Now let me tell you drugs will kill you, alcohol will kill you, even sex addiction will kill you.  So when I say I have a food addiction, most people just sympathize.  But I am here to tell you FOOD WILL KILL YOU!!  I should know I was almost a victim of food overdose.  I was rushed to the doctor, I was rushed to the gym, but in the end they all told me that the only one who could help me was...me.  Now as with all addictions, once an addict, always an addict, I struggle with food everyday.  I can't walk into a kitchen without the refrigerator taunting me.  Or the pantry mocking my choice to walk by without looking in. And hey ever watched TV commercials...Yummy!!!  I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night screaming "PLEASE SOMEONE, SUPERSIZE ME!!" Then I wake up and see that someone has already done that.  But I will continue to fight the good fight and choose a healthy lifestyle.  I know it seems like I was making fun of addictions, but I really wasn't,  it's all true, they all will kill you. There in really nothing funny about addiction.  Yet if I don't laugh about my addiction, then I guess I might cry about it.  Let's see...Laugh...or...Cry...?  If given a choice, I'll choose laughter.  For one because laughing at myself helps me have an optimistic outlook on my life and choices.  It helps me see more positive things about myself, rather than focus on the negative things, also laughter can work muscles...EASY WORKOUT!!!  Then secondly if I cry about it all then I end up not leaving my house, I just stay home and sulk.  I'm not working out, in fact I answer the calls from my frig and pantry.  Plus I end up choking on my  tears, which are extremely salty and...well talk about water retention!!! So ya see laughter is a win, win situation. 

Love ya all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be so much easier if a person could just go cold turkey and never put another bite of food into their mouth again. However, we must learn some form of self control to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm right here beside you. I'm so thankful you are my friend.