Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Road to Nowhere.

Have you ever noticed that when you're going somewhere how excited you are.  And that getting there just seems to fly by,  and that because you're so excited about this journey the small things just don't bother you as much.   But then the ride home is a totally different story, it's slow, boring and everything seems to get on your nerves.  Well that is how my weight journey has been, gaining weight was so easy.  Eating just made me happy, nothing bothered me, just give me some Ben and Jerry's Phish Food Ice Cream and I was a happy camper.  But now the road to weight lose is one long , windy, hilly road.  Plus there are a million detours!!!  I swear  I will never reach my destination and even though I am making slow progress, at least it's progress.  I just want to get off this slow road and hit the highway, but unfortunately that is just not going to happen.  I lost 8lbs this month and you would think I would be jumping up and down for joy, but instead I was so disappointed. "Only 8 lbs?!  Are you sure? Maybe we should re-check it!  I think your scale weighs heavier than mine at home, you should get that checked."  I was so upset that I just wanted some comfort food, but that is what got me on this dark and lonely road, so I declined Ben and Jerry's offer.  Instead I will just pat myself on the back and  stay on course to make my way back home and if I'm lucky the detours will be few and far between. Now if I could just continue to ingnore those calls from Aunt Jemimah, she can be so pushy.   

No comments: