Monday, April 19, 2010

Shopping???

Well I finally went shopping for my new lifestyle change, and it was harder than I thought.  First I had to drive for two hours just to get to the closet healthy grocery store, then I walked in with my list and froze.  I just didn't know what to buy.  Alot of the things on the list came from my book, but considering the fact that I don't really even cook, my husband does it, I just went blank. Where was the Ragu, the Hamburger Helper ( I mean the Tofu Helper), or the frozen lasagna!!  I must have walked around that store for 30 minutes before I put anything in my cart.  Finally I decided to ask for help and a couple employees took the time to help me out.  I still don't know if I have all the food I need to make healthy meals, but at least I can eat more than Taco Bell burritos.  I think the key to this diet becoming long term is the putting all the different things together in an appealing meal.  My husband has no idea what to do with everything I bought, so I guess I am on my own.  I will either figure it out or become a Taco Bell regular.  Wish me luck!!!

No comments: