Monday, May 10, 2010

Is that the sound of time flying?!

I know it's been awhile, but things have just been crazy! Between Zach's golf stuff and Jessica's graduation, I've been keeping busy.  But I wanted to stop and take a minute to catch up, especially since things are about to get even busier as Graduation and State Golf get closer and closer.  I ran up to Ste. Gen today and met Jessica and Erica, Jess's best friend, and got to see Erica's engagement ring.  It was beautiful and it was fun to sit and listen to the girls and their excitement.  Talking about wedding  and bridesmaids dresses, reception halls, just wedding preparations...it was really cool.  Yet I couldn't help feel a little sadness in my heart.  These two girls have been best friends for what seems like forever.  They have shared ups and downs in each others lives, cried many tears and giggled at things that no one, but they would understand.  They have their own language, to some it's foreign, but not them, it's their history.  I will never forget that New Year's Eve that they stayed up all night in the bathtub of the hotel room, talking, laughing, no giggling.  They have been there for each others major breakups and now Jessica will stand up for Erica as she starts a new chapter in her life.  As parents we know they're are only in the beginning chapters of their lives.  We know that there will be alot of new chapters, some happy, some sad.  All we can do is pray that for each of them this will be a long and happy book. 
Although the sadness that I feel isn't  for any of the above, no that's just part of their journey together.  It's watching two little girls growing up and away.  I know that's  the way God intended it, but it's still a little sad to me.  Yet ,whenever they stay the night here, late into the night, when everyone else is asleep, I still hear the sweet sound of their laughter and  although I  haven't yet  mastered it, I hear their foreign language.  Awwwww life is good.

2 comments:

J. said...

Oh My....that post was a tear jerker mom! Where did you get that picture of us on swim team? haha That is so crazy! WOW....I can't believe this is happening..I love my best friend and sister so much and am so incredibly happy for her! :)

Christine said...

sister - I wasn't really wanting to cry today!! What a wonderful friendship to have. They are both truly blessed to have each other!