Tuesday, July 13, 2010

God is Amazing!

Wow, it seems like forever since I've blogged, and so  much has happened in that time-span that it would take me several blogs to cover everything.  So I'm not going to hash over things of the past few weeks.  Although I will tell you that we, my kids and husband, just got back from Clearwater Florida.  I don't know if words have been invented to describe just how beautiful it is down there.  There were moments that I just sat in awe, how anyone could doubt God's existence and look at the beauty there, is just beyond me.  I packed my Ipod so that I could lay on the beach and listen to relaxing music, except whats more relaxing than the sound of the waves splashing on the shore.  So I never even took my Ipod out once, I just enjoyed God's music.  I was born and raised in Colorado, another beautiful state, but I think that I was born to live on the beach. 

We set up our cabana so that when you needed shade, you could sit under it, so after getting my share of sun, I would just lay under the cabana, on a blanket and I swear to you, the world stood still.  My thoughts became clearer, my worries disappeared, and my time with God became more personal.  I really can't explain why, except that God opened all my senses to be more aware of His Love for me and this world.  That's not to say that once home all that was just gone, of course they were there, just not as clear. 
I guess vacations are meant for relaxing and forgetting, but maybe we should listen to ourselves.  If we feel closer to God and are more in touch with our selves on the beach, maybe we should find a way to move closer to that.  I for one would have no problem picking up and moving to the beach.  I know that there is problems there too, but for me, if I got overwhelmed with stress I could just spend an hour or two on the beach and clear my head.  I am so grateful for the time that I had there and don't want to sound unhappy to be home, but I am unhappy to be home, remember I live in Missouri.  There is nothing about this state that I love, other than my family. 
 It always takes me a while to accept the fact that I'm back in Misery, and the sad thing is that I will eventually give up on hope and take a back seat to hopelessness.  As you can tell I'm still in my hope mode, soon enough you'll hear me hop in the back seat.  I will grieve the loss and you will grieve with me, because you all love me, but then I'll hop into anger and then eventually  slide over into acceptance.  
 I just need to win the lottery so that I could move my family back to the beach.  I mean my whole family, Dave, Jess, Zach, mom, pooh, Donnie, Mike, Nick, Hunter, Gary, McKenna, Garrett, (we would leave the witch behind. lol!)( I was kind with the witch comment,)  Wouldn't life me grand!   But until I win the lottery, we are where we are.  I love you all and wish we all could have been laying on the beach appreciating God...one day. 

1 comment:

J. said...

I posted a comment and it didn't work so I am going to try and recreate it here. I loved our time on the beach! Don't you just wish we could pick up and move?! I think it is awesome the way you felt so in tune with the Lord while you were there. I remember when I would spend my summers at camp. I would feel so close to God and so in tune with Him and myself. I wished that I could stay there all year so that I could hold on to that. Funny thing is, what I didn't realize then that I do now is that I don't have to be at camp for that and you don't have to be at the beach. Sure there are environments that make it "Easier" for us but we can be close to God whenever and wherever we are! The key is to find a place and a time where you can just focus and enjoy yourself as you meditate on the Lord. Maybe a coffee shop! :) And then you can have the special times with God right here in Misery. And who knows-maybe one day we can finally make it to the beach for good! (ps-I will go to a coffee shop with you ANYTIME to spend some time with God!) :) Love you mom!